[Bf-vfx] Focal length constraints usability

Joseph Mansfield sftrabbit at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 14:22:25 CEST 2013

Interesting. At first I was thinking that having the min/max set to equal
the given focal length would imply that it is fully constrained - but if it
only does that when the constraint is disabled, all it will do is provide a
good way to see what the values represent. I like this idea. I assume you
mean that the focal length should be clamped to the range because we still
need a starting point.

I'll do this and keep it in the solve panel for now - my feeling is that
perhaps refinement should be a subpanel of Solve, like Tracking Settings in
the Marker panel. Making it a completely separate panel would mean that you
set options in one panel and then click solve in another. Really,
refinement settings are part of the solve settings. Making it a subpanel
would mean it stays out of the way until the user needs it.

Again, thanks for the help with this. :)

Joe