[Bf-vfx] Keying nodes

François T. francoistarlier at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 16:47:55 CEST 2012

agree with that.
when sampling a color, holding CTRL (or other) to draw a rectangle of a
region to sample and return the average color would be a HUGE +1 for me.
That does help a lot to find the right starting point color. Actually maybe
something like that could be done with the current slider, but I must admit
I'm not familiar with already.

F.

2012/4/16 Daniel Salazar - 3Developer.com <zanqdo at gmail.com>

> Wishlist for good chroma:
>
> multisample collecting!
>
> this means picking not only one RGB value, but any amount in order to pick
> up various shades of green in the same keyer. The current alternative to
> this is to run many keyer setups in a chain, each one with a slightly
> different keying color input
>
> fine tuning to perfection!
>
> the amount of clamping, substractions and scaling that go on inside of the
> keying process need to be controllable by the user in order to loose the
> least amount of detail *per channel*
>
> per channel filtering in multiple spaces!
>
> when dealing with nasty 4:2:2 footage, filtering the chroma channels
> before proceeding with the keying can help get a cleaner result. This is
> due to Chroma Subsampling<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chroma_subsampling> in
> some codecs/cameras
>

> Daniel Salazar
> patazstudio.com