[Bf-vfx] On Format Woes

Peter Schlaile peter at schlaile.de
Sun Apr 8 22:11:19 CEST 2012

Hi Andrew,

> Are these the files provided on the blog? Sabastian didn't mention if
> they were the camera origianl raw files contained in an MXF or the SR
> codec.

the files taken from the blog. He didn't mention it, but if you look closely
at the screen shot of the F65viewer application, you'll see, that F65viewer
takes MXF-files as input and develops them into EXR-files.

There is also meta data within the MXF-files that suggests, that it is
RAW-data.

Fun fact: the MXF generating software calls itself

"SONY SRMASTER ... Sony MXF Development Kit (Linux)"

If everything else fails, we could file a lawsuit against Sony for violating
the GPL and forcing them to publish *everything* uahahahahahaha :)

Well, not really.

> Are you referring to ProRes, DNxHD or ArriRAW output?

ArriRAW (file extension ".ari" . I know, that you can upload other codecs
to the camera, but I don't think, you can record RAW files into ProRes or
DNxHD. At least, without heavily abusing the codec :) )

> The photos from the blog suggest Leica. Zeiss vs Leica vs Cooke! Fight!

:)

Cheers,
Peter
Peter Schlaile