[Bf-vfx] Bundle display orientation

François T. francoistarlier at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 12:53:00 CEST 2011

+1 for the scale of the bundles
I wouldn't be radical on the orientation though, if it can be setup in
property panel it would be nice (either if world is by default). I find it
"less confusing" and messy when looking trough the camera. Especially when
you'll get auto-track with 100 of trackers.

cheers,

F.

2011/9/18 Coen Spoor <jcspoor at planet.nl>

> Thanks for the answers Sergei, and I'm glad you like the proposed solution
> by Sebastian and myself.
>
> Coen
>
> Op 18 sep. 2011 om 12:00 heeft "Sergey I. Sharybin" <g.ulairi at gmail.com>
> het volgende geschreven:
>
>  Hi all,
>
> Answers are inlined.
>
> Ton Roosendaal wrote:
>
> Hi Seb,
>
> I'm not sure how to interpret this request; but to me it seems very sane and predictable to only draw bundles inside the camera transformation. Camera tracking is based on camera-space, it can only give camera-space results. There's no information in video/film footage to derive where 'up' or 'down' is, or how a camera is tilted.
>
>  Yes, there's no such information came from camera solver directly, but
> it's what definitely known after you oriented camera in scene (defining
> origin, floor, axis direction).
>
> What you do by positioning/rotating/scaling camera is to provide a mapping from 'video/camera space' into Blender's scene (world space). A user can decide to either scale or rotate the objects in a scene into the camera, or the other way around. All very basic, predictable and nice I think. :)
>
>  Currently bundles are used as a "reference" to place objects in Blender's
> scene, you can't actually parent something to bundle and, anyway, if it was
> possible i don't think having bundles oriented in camera space was so
> helpful. Look at bundles as representation of real features -- real features
> are in global space, not in camera space and usual workflow is to orient
> solved camera in a way, that scene's floor respects real floor and X axis
> respects some "axis" from real world and all objects placed in scene
> respects things happening on the footage. That's why bundles which are used
> as reference are nicer not follow camera rotation.
>
> It's not difficult to achieve and it should be more useful than current
> behavior.
>
> -Ton-

> Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation    <ton at blender.org>ton at blender.org     <http://www.blender.org>www.blender.org
> Blender Institute   Entrepotdok 57A  1018AD Amsterdam   The Netherlands
>
> On 18 Sep, 2011, at 11:16, Sebastian König wrote:
>
>  --
> With best regards, Sergey I. Sharybin

François Tarlier
www.francois-tarlier.com