[Bf-vfx] Bundle display orientation

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Sep 18 11:38:58 CEST 2011

Hi Seb,

I'm not sure how to interpret this request; but to me it seems very
sane and predictable to only draw bundles inside the camera
transformation. Camera tracking is based on camera-space, it can only
give camera-space results. There's no information in video/film
footage to derive where 'up' or 'down' is, or how a camera is tilted.

What you do by positioning/rotating/scaling camera is to provide a
mapping from 'video/camera space' into Blender's scene (world space).
A user can decide to either scale or rotate the objects in a scene
into the camera, or the other way around. All very basic, predictable
and nice I think. :)

-Ton-