[Bf-vfx] Tomato camera sensor changes

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Wed Oct 19 16:00:27 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I think it would be good to get the full sensor size patch in 2.61 and
I can review it, Sergey can concentrate on the tracking aspect of it.
After trying the full patch and reading this thread, it leaves me with
some questions though.

There's this patch from the tomato branch, which has just the sensor
width. Even there it's confusing me as it seems it's actually the
sensor height when rendering in 'portrait' instead of 'landscape'
aspect ratio. Is this the intended behavior, and if so, why?
http://codereview.appspot.com/5274047/

I don't object to a sensor height property that doesn't affect blender
internal. The resolution gate image linked here explained to me why it
can be useful, and  especially if it can be visualized in the
viewport. But I don't understand how it's correct to use the sensor
width as sensor height in some cases, I'm trying to understand if it's
a particular case of resolution gate fitting but I don't see it. How
would you export the 'portrait' case to get matching renders in other
applications?

Brecht.