[Bf-vfx] camera and lens data for tracking setup

yves yves at peekhit.com
Wed Oct 5 12:35:47 CEST 2011

Hello
I was testing / learning your interface in the tomato branch and one of
the data requested to setup the camera tracking is the size of the
camera sensor.
As I had been using a cell phone, Samsung it took me a while to find out
about the camera and the sensor then once that was resolved I needed to
know about the specs of the sensor.
So I end up with that site that you maybe interested in and also for the
others users

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/digital-camera-sensor-size.htm

I have some past experience of tracking data on 2D images having
produced stitching engines in the 90s for mocap, TV and also space apps
like satellites and the hubble.

With the app PT Gui de Helmut Derch at the university of Iena, I
developped some interfaces using trackers defined for hot spots by
users.  We had lots of problems with that technique from the user
parts,  screen resolution, human vision, and also quality of the
pictures / images resolution and so on..
So at the end we did a magnifier, like the one you have, but that did
not much for the selection of hot spots.
Since then using Fourier transforms for automatic discovery of hot spots
has been really a working path..
I am looking forward to see your progress in that field because lots of
things can be done from there..
Take care
Yves