[Bf-vfx] Lens workflow diagram in Blender

Francesco Paglia f.paglia.80 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 06:37:44 CEST 2011

Since we are naturally going for a complete workflow that is node related I
don't see usefull the shader at rendertime but... When we don't use any kind
of real life plate we would still use the distortion  to feel our picture
more real. in that case would be cool to store somewhere some preset of
distortion data to use it.

Il giorno martedì 4 ottobre 2011, Matt Ebb <matt at mke3.net> ha scritto:

> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 7:55 AM, François T. <francoistarlier at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Gray flow :
>> it could be use when you are not planning on doing much compositing at
the end or very thigh schedules :p.
>> I guess this would use some sort of Lens Shader in the render engine
(pretty much like did LaMaison porting 3DEqualizer lens model to MentalRay
for XSI http://www.alamaison.fr/3d/lmWarpDistort/lmWarpDistort.htm)

> Honestly, I wouldn't even bother talking about this case. Lens distortion
should be done in comp - coding resources will be better spent on
implementing reliable overscan rendering with proper implementation of
separated display windows/data windows throughout the pipeline.

--
Francesco Paglia
Vfx and Production Supervisor

mobile  +39 347.82.12.473