[Bf-vfx] MovieClip Data Elephant in Room

Andrew Hunter andrew at aehunter.net
Thu May 12 16:54:02 CEST 2011

Hey Troy,

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Troy Sobotka <troy.sobotka at gmail.com> wrote:
> I hate to bring this up here, but since this is about MovieClip and HD
> footage, are we going to include a Rec709 / Rec601 flag?
>
> And how is this going to work when Blender forces everything to sRGB? Is
> color management on the table yet?

Speaking on the color management note, I wanted to bring to everyone's
attention the wonderful work being done by Sony Imageworks and several
other studios on OpenColorIO. [1]

While this is outside of the motion tracking scope of this list,
proper color management is essential to blender's integration into a
studio pipeline.

Cheers,

Andrew

[1] http://sites.google.com/site/opencolorio/