[Bf-vfx] libmv thoughts on tracker

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Wed May 11 09:47:06 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Keir Mierle <mierle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, this link isn't working. I created an entirely new document here:
> https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1zDgkFZ7UpYh3kf246xJP_88AKWctb8HsBmFcurR0Jpw

Looks good,

so first target is a manually guided tracker/solver.

We probably will want/need a 'eye loupe' for subpixel placement of the
marker (other wise you have to do a major zoom in for each point) and
for examining how good/bad a marker is tracking.

There are two approaches,

Some are implemented in the viewport of the image at the mouse
location, like a true eye loupe (works well for marker placement)

http://www.macintouch.com/reviews/iphone4/photos/med/image_detail_aperture.jpg
http://www.oreillynet.com/mac/blog/images/loupe_colormeter.jpg

Other have shown the area in a separate panel of the properties editor
(works well for seeing if a selected marker is tracking well).

I haven't seen any that allow you to have eye loupes of multiple
markers shown at once but that could also be useful/save the artist
some time.

LetterRip