[Bf-vfx] Blender data, big picture

Keir Mierle mierle at gmail.com
Wed May 11 09:14:13 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Sergey I. Sharybin <g.ulairi at gmail.com>wrote:

>  Ton Roosendaal wrote:
>
> - allow realtime playback of clips
>    (could become "Render -> Play Anim" as well)
>
>  Not sure what does it mean (about Render -> Play anim).
>
> And I've been imaging quite the same picture (except curves/masks. haven't
> thought about them much due to tried to solve more "nearest" issues).
>
> I'm trying to understand which data libmv supports/requires, where/how it
> sohuld be stored and so on to prepare more detailed data structure schema.
> Also, investigation of current codebase is still in progress. Maybe
> something could be re-used.

For now, just a void* marker_data will do the trick. I plan on reorganizing
the libmv 2D tracker code this weekend, so this will change anyway.

At a high level, what libmv will need for each frame is a "preprocessed"
version (which libmv can compute) that has e.g. the image filtered with edge
detectors and whatnot. Each bundle (not just marker) typically has a image
patch ("pattern") associated with it that is from the first frame of that
track.

Keir