[Bf-vfx] Footage for Tracking

François T. francoistarlier at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 19:40:21 CEST 2011

with a client on 16bit DPX where the footage was very dark and bright as
very small part in the image. That did help a lot yes, but I can't share the
footages.
I know in Syntheyes, you have to specify, how you want to import the
footages 8bits or 16bits (or higher, can't remember). I usually work with
8bits anyway, but I know that in that special case it helped me a lot. Also
when you are doing pre-processing 16bit is better, but that will be done by
Blender, so I don't think you care to much about this part.
I'm not sure how syntheyes is dealing with bpc with the trackers though. I
just know it does make a difference.

François Tarlier
www.francois-tarlier.com
www.linkedin.com/in/francoistarlier