[Bf-vfx] Footage for Tracking

Colin Levy colin at peerlessproductions.com
Wed Jun 8 20:00:30 CEST 2011

Hey guys,

I've got several TB worth of 4K material I can offer for tracking.  However, the shots will represent a more "real-world" scenario rather than the test case shots listed below.

I don't suppose you want the RED .r3d files, so will TIFF sequences work for you?  (Or do you want both?)  I will go through my drives in the next few days and upload a few shots to my FTP, if you think this would be useful!  Let me know whether you'd like 32-bit images, with all the 'RAW' data intact, or if 8 or 16bit will suffice.

One thing to note regarding resolution: I have noticed that in many cases, tracking downrezzed shots is frequently more successful than trying to track the raw 4K material.  This may have something to do with the default values (the default auto feature search range, for example, may be something like 20px rather than 80px, which might be a better setting for 4K).  For my projects I usually downrez to 2K before tracking... also because it's a lot faster.  :P

Great discussion.  Can't wait to see these tools develop!

--Colin