[Bf-vfx] Tomato camera sensor changes

Troy Sobotka troy.sobotka at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 23:19:53 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 2:12 PM, François T. <francoistarlier at gmail.com> wrote:
> its easy to understand when you know what you are talking about, but for
> most user, filmback or sensor size... well first they don't even know that
> param exists and if so, you can do a poll I pretty sure most of them won't
> know what it does affect.

This is possibly the worst method to even begin thinking about design.

It won't mean anything to someone using iMovie or Windows Movie Maker either. ;)

I know that we are all in relative agreement that the sensor size is
needed, but to justify a design because "a new user" wouldn't
understand it isn't our problem. The more critical and vital point
here is: An artist seeking to harness certain aspects of software to
achieve something knows full well what a given thing is about.

I hope this post doesn't kick up dust, as again, I think everyone here
is in agreement. But designing an interface for an audience well
outside of Blender's current trajectory is absolutely foolish. Every
time it comes up it makes me cringe.

It is the equivalent of someone trying to put a safety cap on a scalpel.

Let's focus on the target artist audience and worry about that, shall we?

Onwards...
TJS