[Bf-usd] Project Update

Francesco Siddi francesco at blender.org
Tue May 16 23:23:55 CEST 2023

Hi all,

After some discussion with the admin group, as well as the USD module
stakeholders, I shared an update on the status of USD at
https://devtalk.blender.org/t/usd-project-update/29440.

TL;DR: Blender is still looking for a dedicated developer to coordinate USD
related topics, and for now we rely on volunteer contributions from the
module (special thanks to Sonny and Michael for their efforts in this
area).

We are starting to move development discussions over to the Developer
Forum, so I would appreciate if any feedback or follow up would happen
there.

Thanks,
Francesco

Francesco Siddi  -  francesco at blender.org   -  www.blender.org
COO at Blender and Producer at Blender Studio
Buikslotermeerplein 161 - 1025 ET Amsterdam - The Netherlands