[Bf-usd] Collections for Import Export discussion at SIGGRAPH

Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at blender.org
Fri Aug 5 16:49:55 CEST 2022

Hello all,

The last Pipline, Assets & I/O module meeting
<https://devtalk.blender.org/t/2022-07-28-pipeline-assets-i-o-meeting-collections-for-import-export-design/25100>
was dedicated to the topic of using collections for import/export. Since
SIGGRAPH is around the corner, it would be great to talk with some people
there, face-to-face, about this subject. Who would want to continue the
USD/Alembic/Collections-for-import-export discussions? And how, where, and
when shall we meet?

To make things a little bit more concrete/opinionated: I would suggest
either:

   - Tuesday 16:00, after USD, Hydra and OpenSubdiv: Pixar’s Open Source
   Meetup, or
   - Wednesday, no suggestion as to the time, so we'll have to find a spot
   somewhere in spacetime to meet up.

I'll keep an eye on my email; we can use Blender Chat
<https://blender.chat/channel/pipeline-assets-io-module> as well to sync up
while at the conference.

Cheers,
Sybren