[Bf-usd] Support for Preliminary_Text

John Harrison johnnhe4 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 25 18:40:48 CEST 2022

Hi everyone~

I like “official” but I’m not sure the best way to achieve this. Apple does have some documentation publicly available, but it is not detailed enough. Also, as someone previously mentioned, it is preliminary and therefore likely to change without us knowing. I agree that code should follow design.

It seems like a well-described RFC would be the ideal case here, as it is for many standard formats. I would prefer to not invent a parallel specification if such an RFC-like document is in the works and to-be released soon by Apple/Pixar. Anyone have an Apple/Pixar contact that can share more information about the state and intended future of these preliminary defs?

Best,
John