[Bf-usd] Blender USD roles

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Sep 17 16:03:58 CEST 2020

Hi everyone,

I'm following proceedings on list with interest. In order to communicate
and work efficiently I would like share the following:

The roles (and responsibilities) from the Blender team are:
- Sybren Stüvel: project coordinator
- Brecht van Lommel: lead engineer (technical design)
- Francesco Siddi: lead product (functional specs & requirements)

Dalai Felinto is general development coordinator and will keep track of
resource planning.

I want to emphasis that we are currently getting flooded with projects
and requests from the industry. For that reason we can only allocate
limited time on the USD project this year.

The first goal should be to efficiently onboard external developers to
get started as quick as possible, with minimum overhead from our side.

Thanks,

-Ton-
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Buikslotermeerplein 161, 1025 ET Amsterdam, the Netherlands