[Bf-translations-svn] Strange behaviours in spanish translation from trunk
yaintech at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Nov 18 02:24:42 CET 2011
I've found some old and ambiguous stings from the spanish .mo in trunk. I don't know exactly what's happening, but when I replace the blender.mo file with my own from POEdit, not all changes take effect. I mean, some new strings that are added to the po are now visible in the GUI, that's ok, but others like "Render" remain the same. In my case, for that word I can see "Renderizado" when in my original po that word is "Procesamiento". So, I don't know how blender manages that, but in my po that word was never "Renderizado". Months ago we had the word "Procesamiento" instead. And I can see it in the official release from 2.60.
I am using the most neutral and translated file: /branches/es/es.po currently at 61% (93% before the major update was done for all pos). Reviewing closely the source files I can see that the problematic word comes from the file es_MX.po, currently at 4% and apparently stopped. There are other strings that comes from es_ES.po as well, currently at 27%, so this suggests to me that the blender.mo file from trunk is made of parts of the three translations: es.po, es_ES.po and es_MX.po or possibly a bug related to how the merge is donde from the branches has caused this trouble. I don't know, I am not a developer, but I know that this is not the way to get a good quality translation, because some terms are getting ambiguos with time and a translator can't fix the bad words because they don't take effect when replacing the blender.mo from it's own compilation.
If you need to replace the blender.mo file from branches, use the file /branches/es/es.po to compile the appropriate .mo. That's the most updated one and is neutral, so you can understand it being in Spain, as Argentina or Venezuela.
If there's something I am doing wrong, please tell me. Most translators we agree to concentrate the effort in one file, so this has to be established some way when merging in trunk.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bf-translations-svn