[Bf-translations-dev] Translators aid

Mark van Dijk mark at vandijkmaatcomputers.nl
Wed Jun 6 17:08:35 CEST 2012

Hi,

Same issue here. I'm not even started and thougt of this. :-(

MAD

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 9:20 AM, Damir Prebeg <blend.factory at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Hi all, I think that many translators are having the same
problem: English language is contextual and it has countless number of
terms that are having completely different meaning in different
contexts. Because of that, It's very hard to translate many Blender
terms to my language (Croatian) if one doesn't know exact context (where
that line actually appears in the blender UI). And that context isn't
visible in .po file.

> I am having the same problem with the
translation to es (Spanish). I
> have found myself many times looking
into the source files or running
> Blender trying to find where that
label is.
> It is quite tedious and prone error to say the least.

It would be very useful if we could right click on a label, a button or
a drop box item an select "Translate this" don't you think? I've talked
with Campbell about that problem some time ago and he suggested that I
should post a suggestion/request to this list (bf-translators) but I'm
sending to bf-commiters to. Implementation of that function shouldn't be
too hard since we already have stuff like "Online Python Reference".

Bf-translations-dev at blender.org

Links:
------
[1] mailto:Bf-translations-dev at blender.org