[Bf-translations-dev] Fwd: [blender-trans] Re: Complex Script is Now Supported? :D AWESOME!

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 10:50:31 CEST 2011

Reply in red:

2011/10/15 Amin Babaiepanah <leomoon at gmail.com>

> The link below is perfect:
> http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=19043
>
> I'll fix all the problems you listed with "persian_to_ utf.py" and let you
> know ASAP.
>
> 1) the farsi.txt you sent is using \u064a as the final letter of the word.
> Shouldn't it be \u06CC?
> According to the internet the \u064a is the arabic yeh, while \u06cc is the
> arabic farsi yeh
> I'll change them to: \ufbfc \ufbfd \ufefe \ufeff
>
> 2) there is a big problem with your persian_to_ utf.py
> For the lookup function (the elif x[g] == ...) you can't use the "absolute"
> form of the char.
> For example the saddd. You are checking if the text has the isolated form
> of the letter ("\ufeb9"). Instead you need to look for the "\u0635".
> So should I use Isolated form or Final form? Saddd for example, instead of
> FEB9 shouldn't I use FEBA? 0635 does not define any position as it is
> isolated or Final form. I'm using Character Map in Windows which tells you
> for example U+FEBA: Arabic Letter Sad Final Form and U+0635: Arabic Letter
> Sad (which doesn't say Isolated or Final).

Neither isolated or final. The chars around the range \u0635 are not in the
presentation form. Those are the chars present in your text when you input
persian. And those are the ones you need to use. In other words, you should
use U+0635.

> 3) The Persian needs to be a list with every chars. Otherwise the position
> calculation will not work for any char.
> What the script is doing is:
> "is my neighbour char (that is not a harakat) an "arabic/farsi" letter?"
> Yes, Persian has 32 alphabets which 4 of them does not exist in Arabic.
> Persian does not have any harekat.
>
> This is to make sure you don't have a middle position (or a
> beginning/final) char connected to a latin letter, symbol, comma .... Also
> notice that the hamza is included in the list of arabic letters. That's why
> I need to manually count it out when calculating the position of the chars.
> I'm not so sure this is 100% right though (i.e. I'm considering hamza as a
> word break, but it seems sometimes it shouldn't be?).
> I don't know about Arabic but in Persian there is a Ye with a little hamza
> on top of it. That one has 4 forms just like Ye but swap the two dots at
> the bottom with a hamza on top. ["ﺉ","ﺋ","ﺌ","ﺊ"] But the hamze alone does
> not connect to anything which is [ء]. One example is [انشاء].

The hamza alone is being tackled separately as I said. The chars with a
hamza on top are one unique char. (e.g. ﺉ is \u0626). As you can see from
the arabic_to_utf8.py they should work well.

> And one final thing. Could you please tell me where to save "persian_to_
> utf.py"? Is "BlenderSVN\branches\fapersian_to_ utf.py" the correct place
> to save?

The persian branch is a good place for now.

Also, you don't need to spend so much time on this now if you don't want. Go
ahead with your translation and once most of it is translated we see what is
missing to the script.

Cheers,
Dalai