[Bf-translations-dev] Updated default font

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Mon Nov 21 21:01:35 CET 2011

Hi,

I’ve tried to get an enhanced version of that font, with quite mitigated
success... Nepali (i.e. devanagari) is quite easy, but adding the
missing persian glyphs is very tricky.

Finally, I did the following:
* Base font: my Debian DejaVuSans.ttf
* Merged into: current Blender’s "droidsans.ttf" (which already contains
many dejavu stuff…).
* Merged into and scaled up 250%: samyak-devanagari.ttf

Now I have that:
* Arabic: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/21210 (left: old, right: new)
* Persian: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/21212 (left: old, right: new)
* Nepali: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/21211

I fear arabic DejaVuSans is somewhat smaller that Droid one… but more
complete, and we can’t mix both fonts in a same script (arabic), it
would be far too messy imho…

Waiting for your comments!

Best regards,
Bastien