[Bf-taskforce25] Saving keymaps

Shaul Kedem shaul.kedem at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 22:52:40 CEST 2009

Hi,
 I think this has to do with how blender alert/notify it's users about changes,
 This can also be said about the whole interactivity of blender in
regards to notifications, but I'll stay on topic.

 I can see, as brecht wrote, big con in doing the mapping manually; it
will introduce a new "maintenance" step to the process of upgrading
one version of blender to another, so I suggest that blender will
upgrade silently, keeping all new features and changes in a list and
notifying the user (non modal) about changes that he/she can introduce
manually or has been introduced for him/her.

 Using the above method the user will learn of new operators,
functionality and technologies introduced to blender by going through
the list of changed/new entries,

 Another thing which has been discussed in the past is to have the
default mapping of blender in the background at all times, this will
give the option to switch back and forth when common ground (tutorial,
book, friend help over the phone,etc.) are needed. would be nice to
have default to user-pref mapping so people will be able to do a
default key->user pref key lookup,

Regards,
shul