[Bf-taskforce25] Saving keymaps

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Thu Sep 17 21:59:36 CEST 2009

I'd say let users do it manually, and provide them with info.
The reason is I think a lot of people use multiple versions of
blender.  I know over the years I've had some bug in version X
and my workaround was to run the previous version of blender until
its fixed.

For example:  I can see people maybe not liking smoke in
blender 2.55  so they use blender 2.51 for a smoke project but
really like using 2.55.

I don't want blender migrating my shortcuts automatically each time
and possibly mucking things up...  Maybe I'm just rendering with 2.51
and doing everything else with 2.55.

The nice thing is if we do this, we can just give them all the info...
It probably makes sense to store what version of blender a keymap
was created with.  If its different than the current version running
print a report...

Then we can tell them what keys have moved that they have mapped,
and what keys conflict with their current map.

If we really wanted to get fancy then we can also provide a just
fixit button which converts the first case and drops the second or
prompts user to override....

Kent