[Bf-taskforce25] 2.5 Macros

William Reynish william at reynish.com
Sat Sep 12 22:00:47 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I've recently been playing with the new macro feature in 2.5, and
while it shows some potential, it has enough issues that I consider
this feature to not work yet.

Since macros is one of the headline features for 2.5 I'm sure we all
agree that it should work before we release.

Ui issues aside, even the simplest test cases don't work properly,
unfortunately.

These are some of the issues I ran into:
*Anything involving extrudes doesn't register
*View-dependant operators such as Spin, Screw don't work
*Transforms in normal direction store absolute (scene space)
coordinates, making macros with transforms all but useless.

This means you cannot do anything useful yet.

Additionally the UI is really messy and it's hard to scan through the
list of operators. With some relatively minor adjustments the UI could
be made a lot clearer, like so:

http://www.reynish.com/files/blender25/console_ui.png

I hope this can receive some attention before release.

Cheers,

-William