[Bf-taskforce25] developing blender

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Thu Sep 10 16:41:03 CEST 2009

Hi Michal,

I mailed a to do list to this mailing list some time ago. It's
probably best to start with bringing back missing functionality in an
editor, because there is usually similar code to learn from.
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-taskforce25/2009-August/001323.html

It depends a bit how experienced you are as a developer. One
possibility is to bring back some node editor operators. Compare the
menus in 2.4 and 2.5, and you will see that some are missing (select
all, select linked, group, ..). Some docs that may be helpful:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/Blender2.5/Operators
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/Blender2.5/OperatorTutorial
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/Blender2.5/NotifiersUpdates

The source code is here: