[Bf-taskforce25] Planning update

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun May 31 19:41:14 CEST 2009

Hi all,

So, 2.49 is out! Finally time for 2.5 again... I promised to send the
list Brecht and mine todo for the next weeks.

The concept is to get support for Python based UIs on a level that the
UI scripters can continue bringing back nearly all 2.4x stuff. Should
be possible in 2 weeks max.
After that we go over editors/modes one by one, to bring each on a
minimal useable level, and map out the missing operators clearly for
others to help with it.

Next weeks:

Brecht:
- work on C coded templates for Python to use:
   Constraints, Vertex group, ID browsing, Curvemapping/Colorband
- template for Context browse and visualization
- further tweaks in layout engine
- coordinating RNA wrapping

Ton:
- template for preview renders
- text+menu button (like for search in bones, operators, etc)
- check on operator type callback for generating RNA templates (like
for transform)
- fix icon zooming code (modifiers)
- fix region overlap (4 split case)
- generic string printing using Styles for all editors (start with
sequencer)
- save styles in file
- fix spin/screw, it should store view vector, draw as normal button?

And further work on toolbar/tool properties system.

-Ton-