[Bf-taskforce25] Crash on startup, release only

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun May 24 06:00:21 CEST 2009

Hi Martin,
Thanks for finding out more info about this bug. I had trouble with
bad context pointers before so knowing this will help fixing it even
if I cant get the crash.
I tried but could not get the crash with python 2.5, 2.6, 3.0,
3.1beta, debug and release (tested release with py2.6). on 32bit Arch
Linux.

We had bad weather recently and my internet is disconnected (should be
fixed in 1-3 days), using public internet access atm.

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 1:56 AM, joe <joeedh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ha! Someone else is getting evil py badness too!
>
> Joe
>
> On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 8:20 AM, Martin Poirier <theeth at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hey,
>>
>> I don't have much time to dig into that today, so I'm dropping it in here:
>>
>> 2.5 crashes on start when compiled in release (debug runs ok but it might be hiding the bug).
>>
>> A quick investigation led me to the pyrna_basetype_register. At that point, when it gets the context from the global namespace, the value hasn't been initialized yet so the context pointer is null.
>>
>> Have fun.
>>
>> Martin

- Campbell