[Bf-taskforce25] Complete Rewrite

Keanen Shaw keanen.shaw at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 01:01:51 CET 2009

Hey guys,
I've been watching this conversation for a while and I think people are
missing the point of Blender 2.5. Yes, a smoother UI and improved functions
would be nice, but what ever happened to the native OS GUI idea or a
complete port to Python? The Blender engine itself isn't very stable, and
everyone's talking about all the flaws in 2.48, so why not do a complete
rewrite? OK, so the codes's a little messy, but why fix it? Just build the
whole thing up from scratch! I mean, there still isn't any definite release
date, so I don't see the problem with taking maybe a year more and recoding
the whole thing, leaving none of the old functions. Maybe they could build a
Java binary, too.
-Keanen