[Bf-taskforce25] Mockup note

joe joeedh at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 08:32:51 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 12:41 AM, Rob Cozzens <robcozzens at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One benefit of the "outside" version is that the information is clearly and
> consistently separated. The label is always next to the button, and value is
> always inside the button. There's no time lost visually separating that
> info.

I kindof disagree.  If the text and the value both fit well, then
they're pretty easy to visually separate.  I found the in-button
version of the dupli panel much easier to read then the out-button
one, for example, since I found having to match up the labels to the
buttons, while very obvious, wasn't as fast as when the labels were
inside the buttons themselves.

It's only if they don't fit together well that you get issues.
Personally, I'd rather labels were inside the buttons where possible.
Logically, there's only one button, and when the label is outside it
forms a visual split, as if there's two things going on.  Or that's my
impression anyway.

Joe