[Bf-taskforce25] search-based workflow

William Reynish william at reynish.com
Fri Mar 13 13:05:56 CET 2009

Enso is a nice idea, in that it is completely non-modal, and works in
all cases. It could indeed be a nice way to use searching for
operators. The question again is about context - should it follow the
context of where the cursor currently is? This is what Blender does
now - hotkeys only respond to actions within the current editor, which
is where the cursor is.

The problem with text-based input for Blender is that you might easily
lose track of where the cursor is, and the command you are calling
might suddenly not work because the cursor is moved into another
editor. Same issue exists of macros, as we discussed during Winter Camp.

It may not be that big a problem, especially if the searches are
clear, and that you can instantly see in which context you are
performing the search.

Cheers,