[Bf-taskforce25] Blender 2.5 GUI extremely slow on my computer

Dietrich Bollmann diresu at web.de
Wed Mar 11 05:21:00 CET 2009

Hi,

I just built the blender2.5 branch to invest the new Blender GUI :)

It is very intuitive and works well, congratulations!

But it is also extremely slow on my computer (IBM Thinkpad x60s).  When
moving the grid / empty scene with the middle mouse in the 3D-View, the
delay is incredibly long and disturbing.  It reminds me the delay when
viewing a very complex scene filled with lots of objects with the
standard / old Blender.

Is this normal in the current state or is there some way to make things
faster?

Thanks,

Dietrich