[Bf-taskforce25] Wintercamp update

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Mar 8 14:34:32 CET 2009

Hi all!

Just back from 5 very intensive & productive days of Wintercamp
workshops. Needless to say; we've had a lot of fun too, meeting
together was a great experience. :)

Probably some of you out there already picked some things up from
Nathan Letwory's audio streams and the premilimary notes in wiki. I've
also videorecorded most of the sessions; which is like 20 hours of
material or so, too much to quickly process now or upload.

The next few days I'll collect all notes and gather it in wiki to make
a full report on the sessions, the discussion topics and proposals
we've come up with. We then can spend time online, here on the
mailinglist or in irc to further refine it all.

BTW: All of the workshop participants agreed nearly on everything all
the time, which was quite amazing ;) Mostly this was because a lot of
concepts we've discussed were already being proposed and reviewed long
before the workshop here. So don't expect strange new UI plans, we've
just made logical next steps based on prior input, and tackled plenty
of design issues to make moving forward possible.

Laters,

-Ton-