[Bf-taskforce25] Blender spring cleaning

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 16:56:49 CEST 2009

>2) if you wanted to save an amiga image format. you can't via the UI
>(even though the code is there).

On the other hand if we have it in the code, someone that really needs
it can create his own gui to support it, doesn't it?

Custom guis for advanced parameters can be very handy IMHO. I remember
Erwin and Benoit saying that Bullet internally has a lot of parameters
that could be set if we have a gui for them. So why not leave it to
the users? Once we have the feature exposed, it's a matter of advanced
users customize their Blender to have higher control.

I'm also thinking about very specific features here. Those features
harmless to the code but not for general use. (eg offline rendering
dome or some nodes). It's not always good to keep things in branches
(not for the developer at least). And if we have it implemented in the
code we could distribute scripts exposing the gui for those features.

* I'm not sure that applies for image types since I believe the types
are embedded in the operator, but those are my 2 cents anyway.

Cheers,
Dalai