[Bf-taskforce25] Keyboard Shortcuts Proposal

Alberto Torres kungfoobar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 02:54:23 CEST 2009

2009/6/22 William Reynish <william at reynish.com>:

> For all users, teachers, students, pros etc, changes are also annoying
> - you are used to one way of working, and changing things around means
> some amount of re-learning.

I actually don't mind re-learning a new layout if it's more consistent
with other apps and it's done right. What I don't want is to remove
some easy-reachable keys as defaults. My productivity with blender
started increasing the moment I began to use G/R/S instead mouse
gestures, and got one step further each time I learnt a new key (X
instead del, shift+space instead ctrl+up, Z instead disabling "occlude
bg geometry", etc).

As Pablo Vázquez says, I wouldn't want newbies to miss this
opportunity to be faster. Sure, keys could be changed, but most people
don't change defaults even if it would be faster. Hey, blender has a
LMB mode which works very well nowadays (it lacked some features when
I tried it 3 years ago), but rarely seen used by people (well, the
reason of this is probably that the setting is rather hidden and
rarely mentioned by manuals).