[Bf-taskforce25] Hotkeys for mesh selection mode switching.

Wahooney wahooney at wahooney.net
Thu Jun 18 13:05:31 CEST 2009

Why not use plain 1, 2, 3 for the selection mode?

I know that it's being used for layer switching, but what is the
advantage of switching layers while in edit mode? Personally it's always
been a hindrance to me, sometimes I didn't hit al-tab properly and then
my mesh disappears... Not handy.

Correct me if I'm wrong with the above.

Another possibility is perhaps e, f, v on a QWERTY keyboard they make a
nice arc around your home keys (F & J).

But both e, f, v and q, w, e break their usefulness on alternate
keyboard layouts (Dvorak, AZERTY, etc).

So my not humble at all opinion is that 1, 2, 3 are probably the most
sane choice.

Keith