[Bf-taskforce25] Modifier Layout Proposal

Vilem Novak pildanovak at post.cz
Fri Jun 5 20:57:57 CEST 2009

Hello, I am adding a little proposal I made, which shows
a way of browsing of data through outliner.

http://plant.ffa.vutbr.cz/~novak/dwnflz/25prop/outliner_browsing.png
http://plant.ffa.vutbr.cz/~novak/dwnflz/25prop/outliner_browsing_withlist.png

 It's probably planned like this,
I just wanted to show what everything can be shown and browsed
 like this on a relatively small space. Note that I placed modifiers above
the mesh data, so the user can see the construction history and the modifiers on
top of it, how is it logical(depends on how the history and modifiers are ordered, here
they are from down to top, unlike the current modifier stack).There are also all other types of
data which are connected to the mesh, not sure if they are all now allready exposed.
It also shows a little feature -
that the toggle columns in outliner can be used for different purposes,
like toggling modifiers. There's also a version with a listview proposed by
William. Please ignore the bad look of the proposal, I am not good at this, my first try.
I can say I like the way Modifiers panels are represented in Eclectiel's proposal
(just a different splitter than other panels, but no boxes)
Vilda n.