[Bf-taskforce25] List of problems/bugs with 2.5 UI re aramture animation

Benoit Bolsee benoit.bolsee at online.be
Fri Jul 24 19:49:43 CEST 2009

> > 1) Add Primitive button is volatile
> You can use Shift+A to add an armature. It doesn't work in
> edit+mode, but can't you just duplicate a bone there?

It also doesn't work in Pose mode.

> The other option is to add your tools in the tool shelf and
> save your preferences (Ctrl+U). Next time you open Blender
> they will be there (although it doesn't work for new files).

That doesn't work for me: CTL-U saves everything in the screen setup but
not the  buttons in the tool shelf.

> > 2) Context is volatile
> Have you seen the pin option? It's this small PIN by the
> context path (eg pin -> armature -> armature ). If you click
> on it, you can keep the button panel for a bone or
> constraint, or object, ... That may be what you are looking for.

Pinning in pose mode doesn't have the expected result: it pins the Bone
data block while the constraint are in the pose channel.

Thanks for looking into this. Aligorith already fixed some of these
problems.

/Benoit