[Bf-taskforce25] List of problems/bugs with 2.5 UI re aramture animation

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Fri Jul 24 18:48:10 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Fri, 2009-07-24 at 11:59 +0200, Benoit Bolsee wrote:
> 2) Context is volatile
> - I have an armature in Pose mode and a target object. I select a bone
> of the armature, then select the Bone context so that I can add a
> Constraint on the bone (actually on the pose channel).  Now if I select
> the target object the context moves to Object and when I select the
> armature again, the context remains on Object. Now I have to select the
> Bone context again to see the Constraint.  I would expect the context to
> return automatically to Bone when I select the Armature again.

Fixed.

> 4) Changing the name of a Bone in pose mode ruins the pose channel
> - It's possible to change the name of a bone in Bone context when the
> armature is in pose mode but the change is not propagated to the pose
> channel => the constraint panel becomes empty (don't even show the Add
> Constraint button). Note that changing the bone name in edit mode works.

Fixed.

> 5) Set parent to Armature Deform ruins the vertex group
> - Making parent with CTL-P and selecting Armature Deform ruins the
> vertex group that I had previously created. The old 'vertex group'
> option menu is not there. It seems that the 'create vertex group' mode
> is enabled by default.

Fixed.

> 7) changing a target position ruins the cache
> - Dragging the target of a pose channel constraint causes the point
> cache of the armature to be cleared. It ruins the simulation of the new
> IK solver, which uses a point cache to store the previous armature
> position (the new solver is stateful). Why is it necessary to clear the
> point cache when dragging an object? It wasn't the case in 2.4.

This is actually expected behavior? The point cache is supposed to be
invalidated the moment something that it depends on changes. The point
cache system could be made more fine grained, for example to detect that
only after a particular frame something changed, but this needs fairly
major changes to the dependency graph code.

Maybe it is clearing too much in this case, but I couldn't find what
changed here compared to 2.4x?

Brecht.