[Bf-taskforce25] Drag & Drop into 2.5

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Thu Jul 23 14:28:49 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 12:00 +0200, Elia Sarti wrote:
> Yes but the problem is exactly this, that each operator in the end gets
> own context. Maybe I'm missing something but there's need for the
> MOUSEDROP event to have both mouse_drag and mouse_drop data. The problem
> is that these two types of data lie into two different space contexts,
> unless we store this data at some higher level (like WM), which I'm not
> sure is ok? This is the data retrieved from the CTX_data_drag_pointer
> and CTX_data_drop_pointer. We'll have to set them under C->wm. If this
> is fine then there's no problem.

I think the MOUSEDROP should not have to call CTX_data_drag_pointer.
That is done by the MOUSEDRAG operator, which then passes it on to the
windowmanager, which will give it to MOUSEDROP as customdata in the
event.

Thinking of it further, I don't understand why CTX_data_drag_pointer and
CTX_data_drop_pointer are really needed. They can be computed in the
MOUSEDRAG/MOUSEDROP operator directly, unless there is some reason to
have that decoupled?

Brecht.