[Bf-taskforce25] Some thoughts I need to share

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Wed Jul 22 15:04:56 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 13:09 +0200, Mickaël Guédon wrote:
> There is a thread on the BlenderClan forum about Blender 2.50, and
> people react to good and bad things about it. So I'm here to share some
> of their most interesting thoughts with you.
>
> We do think there is a problem about the Materials pannel in Object Data
> context.
> Well why this pannel is not in the Material context if it's all about
> Materials ?

In latest svn, the material panel is no longer in the object data
context.

> About Texture mapping pannel placed in the Texture context, we think
> this is not a very good idea since you cannot see the preview of what
> you are doing about mapping (which can be viewed in the Material
> context, but you have to click one more time and that's time consuming).

Solved by the mixed texture/material preview I think.

> Some people claim the vertical pannels (T & N keys) are not well
> space-optimized when you just need Transform options and everything else
> collapsed for example, because it's vertical designed. In this case you
> just have a most empty grey pannel that could be better used.

I think quite a few people are unhappy about this, will be reviewed &
worked on further. Floating panels may come back, and perhaps the
transform properties also belong in the smaller T-key panel.

Brecht.