[Bf-taskforce25] Current GUI glitches (probably already known, but just for the record ; )

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Wed Jul 22 14:59:31 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 09:49 -0700, Brian Staub wrote:

> 1)  when dragging around sub-panels to rearrange them, the dragging
> distance for the panel and mouse cursor do not stay in sync.
> in other words, the sub-panel drags at a rate faster than the rate of
> the mouse, which often makes it hard to place a sub-panel at the
> right location because the sub-panel will reach the edge of the screen
> before the cursor.
>
> screenshot of Transform sub-panel being dragged
> http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn291/bobStaub/displacedSub-Panel00.jpg

The dragging doesn't take the zoom level into account, it's on my todo
list to fix.

> 2) recently committed was a nice fix for preserving blank space in
> panels left over from collapsing sub-panels until the user scrolls to
> the top of the panel.
> it currently has issues which makes the panel auto scroll until there
> is no blank space.

I noticed this, will be fixed.

> 3) when reducing the size of headers where the buttons are not
> entirely visible, icons disappear.
>
> screenshot
> http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn291/bobStaub/iconsInHeaderDisappear.jpg

I thought it had something to do with working around some graphics card
crash, but perhaps that is not needed anymore now...

> lastly, and a personal preference, i think the scroll bars would look
> nicer without a mouse-down state where the shadow changes direction.
> i think it to be a little distracting.

OK, subtle highlight on mouse over is probably better.

Brecht.