[Bf-taskforce25] Editor TODO's

Darius Blaszyk dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Fri Jul 10 20:21:35 CEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-07-10 at 15:07 -0300, Dalai Felinto wrote:
> > There is another notable bug with the file-browser. It doesn't work when entering/extending the path manually in the text box. The file-browser
> > completely gets confused and will not work anymore. Don't know if it's a  known bug, but I didn't see this item on the todo list.
>
> If you are referring to the lack of automatic added slashes, it's
> already reported in the wiki:
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/Blender2.5/FileBrowser

Not entirely. Even when I add a backslash and press enter the directory
is not "opened". Say my browser is in /home and I enter darius/ in the
textbox and press enter, nothing happens. When I then double click the "
darius" folder I get the following path in the file browser
textbox: /home/darius/darius/. When I ommit the backslash I
get /home/dariusdarius/.

Oh yes, while at it, would be nice to get an autocompletion function for
the textbox. So when starting to type the first character (d in this
case) the textbox should complete this to "darius" as it';s the only
folder starting with 'd' in /home. This feature is missing in 2.49 as
well and is a nuisance when working with long folder-names.

Regards