[Bf-taskforce25] Python API: naming suggestion

Arystan Dyussenov arystan.d at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 20:41:01 CEST 2009

Hi Eric,

I'm a student working on import/export part of the new Python API for
Blender 2.5 as a Google Summer of Code project. Accidentally, I'm working on
the armature section at the moment.

The new API is closely related to the system called RNA which allows for
smaller Python API code making it easier to maintain.

In the new API, 'BONESPACE' and 'ARMATURESPACE' are separated into distinct
members, for example, bone.matrix['BONESPACE'] is simply bone.matrix in 2.5
and bone.matrix['ARMATURESPACE'] is bone.armature_matrix, etc. The same
applies to head and tail vectors.

Although bone.armature_matrix may sound confusing too, maybe name it
bone.armature_relative_matrix?

Arystan