[Bf-taskforce25] Blender 2.5 SVN Feedback

William Reynish william at reynish.com
Fri Jul 3 00:34:35 CEST 2009

On 2 Jul, 2009, at 10:59 PM, someone somebody wrote:

> Oh yes i also forgot...
> Perhaps adding an X button to the window the shows when rendering
> should make it clearer since not everyone tries ESC straight away

There already is. It's a big red button in the info header.

> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 11:56 PM, someone somebody
> <temp4746 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just as a start let me say well done on the work so far, blender 2.5
> looks so promising and awesome.
>
> I have a few stuff i wanted to mention:
> 1. Playing back an animation doesn't allow using ESC to stop it.
> (alt-a or the play button in the timeline window)

That's because animation playback is no longer modal. You can stop
animations by pressing alt-a again. A global hotkey for rewind might
be useful though.

> 2. Stopping an animation playback leaves you at the frame you
> stopped the playback at, an option to return to the frame you
> started the playback from will also be nice (For quick previews of
> changes in the animation). (I think this is also a good default for
> the ESC, the ESC button is usually for quitting or canceling an
> action so it seems appropriate)
> 3. The buttons window header in the default window layout is cutted
> off perhaps it should be modifyed so that all the buttons in it are
> visible by default (reducing its size, dont increase the default
> size of the buttons window its good as it is). since a new user that
> comes into blender might not know that window headers are scrollable.

I believe this is planned. Current header doesn't really work with
vertical layout, which is what we're using as default now.

Cheers