[Bf-taskforce25] UI Proposal

damir_prebeg at yahoo.com damir_prebeg at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 2 13:20:37 CEST 2009

Sorry if this isn't the right place to send this, or theme is a last years snow, but here is what I have to say:

Here are some pics for you visualize what I have in my mind:

http://img14.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=33459_Image_001_122_140lo.jpg

http://img146.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=33461_Image_002_122_111lo.jpg

1. I don't see any usefulness in current button flexibility (eg. ability to stretch over a whole screen). So my first proposal is to give to buttons minimum and maximum width and height.

2. Connected Toggles like Surface, Volume and Halo in Material buttons could have vertical and horizontal versions with the same max/min width/height rules applied. Same goes to other (bigger) UI elements (like mat preview in mat buttons or mat list in object data buttons)

3. I propose that horizontal button window has default height and vertical has default width (double click on splitting border would restore those values)

4. Related to all of that, I propose that all panels have default but variable number of rows or/and columns.

Example: If some panel has two columns and three rows of buttons and is located in a vertical button window, by narrowing of that window to a size smaller then two buttons width plus gaps, then all buttons would go in the first column. By widening of that window, buttons would go back to their default columns. Same happens with horizontal version, only buttons are distributed to multiple columns.

Best regards to you all!