[Bf-taskforce25] RNA groups proposal, implementation stage 3

vekoon vekoon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 16:46:46 CET 2009

Yes, please note that the entire UI appearance is absolutely temporary.
All I'm doing right now is thinking about the layout per se, i.e.
displacement of widgets and groups. All the details can be easily
changed and/or expanded in the future.
For instance I have many ideas (or should I say doubts) on how to
display the groups' UI in the end. It could be nicer for instance to
indent just the group name and not the properties that belong to that
group (which takes away precious space for properties layout) and
instead draw a thin rounded line around those group's properties (à la
HTML's <fieldset> for those who now HTML).
Also for sure some kind of separator will be needed if you consider that
it is (already) possible to shift-select more contexts so you kind of
have to hint that to the user either by using separating lines or
different background colors or something like that.
For the layers note that all I do is associate the rna properties to the
widgets simply by calling uiDefButR, so everything is handled by
RNA/interface alone, which is very nice.