[Bf-taskforce25] Wrapping pose channel vs. bone flags and other stuff

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 01:06:53 CET 2009

Hi Roland,

I was just having a look through the RNA wrapping for PoseChannels, and it
looks like you've left out the most important bits, and exposed stuff you
shouldn't have.

Important things missing
* loc/rot(quat)/scale settings have not been exposed yet. These are the
user-editable transform settings used to pose armatures. The new animation
system will definitely need this...
* bone group setting - I'll probably fix this myself...

Incorrectly exposed things
* 'protected' setting - this is really the transform locks stuff PER CHANNEL
(locx/locy/loc/rotx/roty/rotz/scalex/scaley/scalez) instead of a single
boolean. Check how this is done for objects, since it uses the same flags.
* pose head/tail location - these are set internally and shouldn't be
editable by the user. Personally, I'd prefer if they were not exposed at
all, but that is debatable. Same goes for the matrices...

Weird things
* 'parent' entry seems to be duplicated here for some reason... Perhaps it's
just an old build I'm running.

Regards,
Joshua