[Bf-taskforce25] RNA-IPO

Roland Hess me at harkyman.com
Wed Jan 7 14:26:25 CET 2009

Actions are lists of channels, which are links to Ipo blocks together
with some flags for how that Ipo block is evaluated. So an Action is
like a grab bag full of Ipo blocks. It's not so much that there is a
distinction as that they are not even the same thing.

The stoopid part about Actions is that the channels are positively
linked to the Ipo block by a pointer, but only matched up with the bones
of any Object they animate are attached to through string comparisons
(strcmp(actionchannelname,posechannelname).)

And, while you can directly manipulate the location of keys along the
timeline, which in turn affects the linked Ipo curves, it can happen on
many at once and you cannot directly edit the curves in the Action
Editor. We still need both Action blocks and Ipo blocks as library data.
Neither are redundant.

Roland