[Bf-taskforce25] RNA structs for UI grouping?

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Tue Jan 6 14:48:02 CET 2009

Hi Campbell,

On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 20:48 -0800, Campbell Barton wrote:
> For documentation it would be good to know what struct
> MaterialRaytraceTransparency comes from, even though its logically a
> sibling of the RNA Material struct, it makes sense to document it as a
> struct within a struct.
>
> At the moment the HTML docs show MaterialRaytraceTransparency and
> Material as separate types, (though Material does show its member of
> MaterialRaytraceTransparency type and link to it, the Class Member
> index becomes confusing)
>
> Could there be a struct property for nested structs?
> StructRNA->parent/base/main/...  could be a StructRNA or string type.

If we do this, we can also show MeshVertex under Mesh, or Constraints
under Object, etc, that gives a more organized view as well. I think
that this can be detected automatic? If a struct is only pointed to from
a single other struct and is not an ID struct, it can be shown nested in
the class index.

Brecht.